Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer
Info Spot

The Castle of Geraki

In 1209, the French baron, Guy de Nivelet, built on the rock of the ancient Mycenaean city of Geronthi, the castle of the village Geraki, in order to be able…

The Castle of Kelefas

Built in 1670, by Ottoman command, this imposing castle occupies a southeast area of Oitilo. Its location oversees all of Lylolagkado and visual contact with the perches of the neighboring…

The Castle of Monemvasia

Built on a rock accessible only through a causeway, the castle of Monemvasia was populated around the 6th century A.D. by the Laconians, in order to protect themselves from the…

The Castle of Passava

Ten kilometers northwest of Gytheion, on the hill of Klisoura that links Mesa Mani (“Inner Mani”) and Exo Mani (“Outer Mani”), stands the Castle of Pasava, built by the Franks.…

Castle of Agionori

Between Argolis and Corinth, in the middle of eastern Corinth, the castle of Agionori is located. The Franks built it during the later Byzantine period, and that led to the…

Acrocorinth

The castle of Acrocorinth, the biggest in Moreas, was the watching eye of the entire Peloponnese. Excavations started in 1961 by the Archaeological Institute of America. It was created during…

Castle of Penteskoufi

The Castle of Penteskoufi stands almost 1,5 km southwest of Acrocorinth. It is built on a pointy rock, separate from the mountain of Acrocorinth, therefore constituting, in a way, its…

The Castle of Koroni

The Castle of Koroni belongs to a long series of impressive fortification structures strewn all over Messinia. It continues to stand proud and imposing on the top of a hill,…

The Castle of Methoni

It was the Venetians who began to build the Castle of Methoni, while during its occupation by the Franks and Ottomans, it unavoidably underwent their alterations. The castle is an…
#mythicalpeloponnese

eot
espa
Shopping Cart
There are no products in the cart!
0
X
Skip to content