Melagavi or Heraion lighthouse was built in 1897 on the Agrilaos peninsula, in the golf of Alkyonides Islands. In 1947, the building was renovated and repaired. Its outline is T shaped, and it has a rectangular light tower. The Heraion lighthouse is well known in the area. It is made of stone and it constitutes a typical example of lighthouse architecture.